Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Uncertain Times

In uncertain times.

To those who are afraid I say, "Fear is real, it is a powerful motivator, it drives the fight or flight response within us. So be careful. The most common phrase in the Bible is 'fear not' and there is good reason for this. We are to driven and motivated by love. In uncertain times, when their nation was occupied by a foreign army and terrorism was a real threat in their cities an angel appeared to the shepherds and said, 'fear not.' Fear divides and drives us apart, love unites and brings us together. Fear diminishes others while love elevates all of us.

To Christians I say, "We live for the sake of the kingdom of God. We live for Jesus Christ whose kingdom is not of this world. Our God is sovereign no matter what government we have. We are part of a global people from every nation and ethnic background. Grace has been extended to us when we least deserved it, let us extend that same grace of God in Christ to all people created in the image of God."

To my enemies I say, "I love you, for you were created in the image of God. I will pray for you so that God may reveal Himself to you and redeem you. If you are my enemy and you are hungry I will help feed you. If you are my enemy and you are thirsty I will give you something to drink. If I must stand against you it is because we live in a broken and fallen world. Tragically sometimes it becomes necessary to step in and physically stop you from destroying others created in the image of God."

No comments:

Post a Comment